So, New York was cold! I know, I know, you probably already heard about the bad weather! But I feel the need to vent a little and so... New York was cold! Oh, and I don't mean the kinda cozy cold when you put on your favorite coat, wrap yourself in a giant scarf and sip hot cocoa while admiring the scenery. I mean the kinda cold when you're contemplating putting on a second pair of wool tights and don't care if it makes you look huge because last time you ventured out in just the one pair, you couldn't feel your legs for half an hour! Phew, now that I got that out my system, despite the cold, the wind tunnels and the traffic, I wouldn't trade a second of it for the world. Fashion Week is my favorite kinda crazy and I'd like to take this opportunity to share a few favorite moments. 


Monique Lhuillier: 2 words - polished sophistication! The collection consisted of immaculately constructed, slightly masculine, tailored pieces as well as floaty, metallic dresses, the latter being my absolutely favorites. There was a particular emerald-hued stunner I decided I absolutely must have and will wear every day for the rest of my life. So, I hope you don't mind seeing the same dress over and over again. I promise to layer in interesting ways and change accessories! 



Off to a fitting before Monique Lhuillier, wearing: Sandro Paris coat | Laurence Dacade Merli meteorite fabric boots { also here } | Sensi Studio paint felted hat & Delphine Delafon small bucket bag & Elodie K Jewelry rings c/o Elodie K 

Herve Leger: 1 word - jackets! Though personally, I am a big fan of Herve Leger dresses and love the new flared silhouettes, this season I fell in love with the studded and fringed jackets they showed. In fact, I loved them so much, I decided to wear those along with that Monique Lhuillier dress I am planning to never take off. So, I hope you don't mind seeing them frequently. 








Before Herve Leger, wearing: MSGM colorblocked-paneled checked double-breasted coat | Current/Elliot The Prospect leather pants | Maison Michel Virginie double grosgrain fur felt fedora hat | Urania Gazelli Cancer clutch c/o Elodie K | Stella McCartney black Britt shoes 

Catch NYC: Since Ninel - my sister in law, constant travel companion and best gal were spending Valentine's Day in New York, we decided to celebrate this day in style and headed to Catch, a restaurant recommended to us by literally every NewYorker we know. And.... Catch did not disappoint! We ordered a desert appropriately entitled "Magic Apple" and sorry for being redundant here, but magical it was. Click HERE to view a little video we posted on Instagram. How magical, you ask? Well, we went back to Catch not twice but three more times! Yeah, I know, the "Magic Apple" left quite an impression! 

Central Park: Yes, it was freezing, yes we couldn't feel our faces but taking a walk in Central Park somehow never disappoints. In stark contrast to the busy and buzzing city, Central Park is an oasis amid the the city that never sleeps. A 30 minute walk makes me feel fresh, new and recharged! In other words, bright eyed, bushy tailed! 











Off to DVF show, wearing: DVF Casie woven pants { option in shorts here } & Teyona woven jacket c/o  | Vince leather trim wool-blend cape - sold out { similar options here } | Sensi Studio paint felted hat & Illesteva Leonard sunglasses c/o Elodie K

SK-II Skincare Goodies: As I mentioned before, my skin and New York weather are not friends. After spending the first day of Fashion Week running around outside, my skin rebelled in the most horrific kind of a way and so, next day I woke up with dry, flaky, red face. Basically, exactly the kind of face you don't want to show during Fashion Week. After my consultation with SK-II, I came back to my hotel to find a few skincare goodies waiting for me! Such a nice surprise! My face and I thank you  for helping me look like myself again! I especially loved SK-II Facial Treatment Mask, which I applied for 15 minutes before bedtime and followed with  SK-II Facial Treatment Essence SK-II Facial Treatment Essence Eye. Next morning, I woke up to find that lizard skin was gone and the dry, flaky disaster that was my face the day before, was just a horrible distant memory. 





Coco Rocha backstage at Carolina Herrera: Though pretty much every moment backstage at Carolina Herrera was a favorite, meeting Coco was definitely a highlight! Lovely and so sweet, she was a head-to-toe perfection and I especially admired that emerald mixed media coat! That one, is definitely going into must-have-will-wear-for-ever pile! Of course, after New York that pile is getting pretty big but honestly, there is nothing I can do! Fashion Week brings out my inner shopaholic even more! 











Photography by Lydia Hudgens

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top